The HIHIM program places a strong emphasis on practical experience to prepare you for your professional career.
In a culminating capstone project, you're matched with a Seattle-area health care provider, vendor or organization to gain experience in areas such as management, problem-solving, systems analysis, health information systems implementation, change management and regulatory compliance.
Sample Capstone Projects
- Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Plan – UW Records Center
- Enterprise Content Survey – UW Records Center
- Improving Patient Care and Communication Through Online Patient Portal Use – UW School of Dentistry
- Improving Patient e-Portal for Prenatal Care – Multicare Health System
- Information Governance Toolkit for Opioid Treatment Services – Evergreen Treatment Services
- Quality Metrics in Cancer Screening – Northwest Hospital
- Reduce Recurring Record Requests in ROI – Swedish Medical Center
- Retrospective Analysis of Clinic Adherence to Patient’s End of Life Wishes – UW Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine